Arcadia University, Adjunct Faculty/Wardrobe Supervisor.
"Stage Practicum and Crew 2: Costumes."
Simple sewing and patterning, alterations. Supervise student wardrobe crew during tech; teach quick-change choreography, laundry, and repairs
Penn State Abington, Guest Lecturer/Substitute.
“American Pop Culture and Performance.”
1970s television trends, cultural and social connections.
Delaware County Community College, Guest Lecturer.
Costume Design class.
Conferences & Papers
"A Calamity For The Fly: Monstrosity and the Normalization of Otherness Throughout The Addams Family Franchise."
Unpublished. Full-length writing sample for PhD program applications.
Association for Theatre in Higher Education, 2019.
Attendee. Focus Group: Music Theatre/Dance.
Mid-Atlantic Popular/American Culture Association Conference, 2011.
Presenter, "Fan Narrative & Psychology of the Writer."
Research Areas of Interest
- Musical theatre and musicals based on historical moments and other media properties, particularly TV series.
- The 1960s and the theatricality and performance of otherness in television situation comedy.
- Women in comedy and representations of older women, fictional and historical, in media.
- Science fiction and the Star Trek universe, particularly roles of women and representations of assault and trauma.
- Popular culture and fan studies, how fans interact with media, transformative works, and celebrity interactions.